Tribhuvan University has launched four-year bachelor’s course in BA from the academic year 2076/077 under the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
It is the inter-disciplinary subjects where students can study Compulsory English, Anthropology, Geography, History Sociology, Psychology, Economics, Nepal Bhasa, Culture, Rural Development, Social Work, Film Studies, Hindi, Nepali Linguistics and Population Studies within the same stream.
The four-year course is of 2,000 marks (500 marks each year) and students can choose two subjects of 700 marks each as their majors and two subjects of 100 marks each as elective subjects.
There will be three compulsory subjects — English, Nepali and Nepal Studies. English will be of 200 marks, Nepali 100 marks and Nepal Studies 100 marks. English has been made compulsory in the first and third years, while Nepali will be compulsory in the second year.
The students will be evaluated on the basis of written examinations of 70 marks, while 30 marks will be for internal assessment, including mini project, classroom presentation and teamwork for each subject.
- Students should have secured at least D+ in all subjects in Grade 11 and Grade 12.
- Must have completed the intermediate, Proficiency Certificate or 10+2 level, in Humanities or Science or Management Stream from Tribhuvan University or from any other University or Board recognized by Tribhuvan University.
- Students desirous of studying Major English/Economics in the BA Program may do so, but are required to pass the Major English Subject within three years at +2 or PCL recognized by TU if they have not already studied this course at +2 or PCL Level
- Students who have studied any other subject at +2 or PCL level can apply for admission to Major subjects like Rural Development, Social Work and Sociology in the BA Program.
- Students desirous of studying Journalism and Mass Communication as a Major subject in BA program must have studied Journalism/Mass Communication at +2 or PCL can apply for Journalism subject.
If the applicant wants to study any subject other then the one s/he has majored in BA, s/he may opt for Nepalese History, Culture and Archaeology, Rural Development, Political Science, Library Science, Sociology, Anthropology, Maithali, History, Nepal Bhasa, Strategies Studies, Geography, Conflict, Peace and Development Studies, Population Studies and Buddhist Studies.
In case of MA in English, Nepali and Sanskrit, applicants who have majored in the respective subjects from other faculties only may apply for admissions.
Available Subjects in MMC
|8||Journalism & Mass Communication||Major||https://mmchetauda.edu.np/downloads/journalism-mass-communication/|